About the only 'if game' I can get into is "If we win the lottery..." We discuss this one usually when we're on our way to buy something that's going to be on the expensive side. So here's a list of things we're going to do when we win the lottery (in no particular order)...
1. Quit our jobs so that Nick can farm full time and I can be a stay-at-home Mom (when the time comes) and do book keeping for the farm. Needless to say, lots of money would be spent on the farm.
2. Build the dream house. Yes, there's a dream house. You can see it here. We'd love to build this house whether we win the lottery or not. But with lottery money it would be easier and have those things that we could live without like granite countertops and fancy schmancy closet organizers.
3. Buy new vehicles. Nick wants an F-350 and I'm thinking I want a Mercedes convertible but we'll have to have a family vehicle too.
4. Give money to our families. Nick's already decided on the amounts we'd give to our parents, my sisters and his brothers and best friend/boyfriend. (No, my husband isn't gay...but he and his best friend have been attached at the hip since forever, so we wives call them boyfriends).
5. Buy Campbellsburg and turn it into a Southern Indiana version of Little Nashville. I want that little building south of Jimmy's that used to be the video store for a photo gallery.
The rest we'll invest. And while all this is fun to dream about, please don't think we're discontent with what we have. Quite the opposite, we're very blessed and quite thankful for what we have. But it is fun to make out plans for the money we haven't won yet. It should also be noted that neither of us play the lottery with any regularity. We're one of those couple who just buys a couple of tickets when the pot is like 500 million.