Sunday, March 14, 2010

So it begins...

Nick has been encouraging me to do a blog for a couple of years. I don't really know why, but I thought I'd give it a try. Nick and I have been married for almost 4 months now. I can honestly say that I've never been happier in my life. I'm currently working on redoing the landscaping around our home, which I have a feeling will be an ongoing project. When we bought the house from Nick's brother and sister in law, they hadn't lived here in almost 2 years, so needless to say our landscaping was a bit overgrown.


After a very work intensive weekend filled with my dad and his chainsaw, Nick's dad and the tractor, and a huge pile of brush left for the city, our landscaping was cleared and we were able to see our front door. Nick and I made a trip to Walnut Ridge to buy half priced landscaping plants (because it was around Labor Day that we were doing this and not ideal time for planting things). Over Labor Day weekend, my Mom and I painted 3 rooms in 3 days to get the house ready for furniture. A great, but exhausing change.






The change was amazing if I do say so myself. Since then, we've painted the front door red, and the landscaping has begun to grow. Right now I'm monitoring the growth of my spring bulbs daily. It's exciting to see how these things I planted very quickly in the midst of moving, painting, and wedding preperation.




This house was the beginning of Nick and my preperations for our life together. It has been the first project that we worked together on, and is a place that we both love to come to at the end of the day. This will always be the first place we lived together, the first projects we tackled together, and all the firsts that have yet to come. It's very comforting to have such a beginning.

1 comment:

  1. Wow, lady!! You're figuring this out fast- I knew you would. Can't wait to read more!

    ReplyDelete