Tuesday, August 31, 2010

Bathroom Renovation Begins


This is our guest bathroom...


The decor was left over from college and when we moved in, we recycled it for lack of anything else.  And there were a lot of other things that needed some attention so we let it be...few people use it anyway.  However, Nick and I will be hosting Thanksgiving for our family on my Dad's side, and the thought of people using our tiki-inspired bathroom makes me cringe a little.  I found a fantastic (grown up) shower curtain on clearance at Pottery Barn, but the shower hooks that are currently in the bathroom which are pictured above simply will not do.


Luckily shower hooks was one of the few gifts for our wedding that we got double of from the things we registered for to decorate the master bath.  I love the design but they are chocolate brown which doesn't work with my design plans.  But that's nothing a little flat black spray paint won't fix.  I set up shop outside the garage, so the neighbors probably think I'm nuts spray  painting and photographing the process.  First I gave them all a couple coats of white primer...


Then I thought, why stop there?  So I recruited my husband to remove the existing hardware from the bathroom and did the same thing with the door pulls.  They were shiny silver before.  Next, everything got a coat of flat black paint.


The finished product looks pretty good if I do say so myself.  I'm not a great spray painter so the final paint job is a little bit rough but I love it.  They look like they're cast iron.


And the best part is all it's cost so far to redo this stuff is about $10 worth of spray paint.  Now to finish the towel bar and toilet paper holder tomorrow....




I'm posting to these Linky Parties...

Photobucket

Photobucket


Make it Yours @ My Backyard Eden


Dragonfly Designs


4 comments:

  1. Hi Megan! You're a girl after my own heart- I spray paint everything! These turned out very nicely, and I'm your newest follower so I can see what you do next!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you!! There's no telling what will be next. We're kind of 'fly by the seat of our pants' sort of people =) No, I take that back...I am.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Haha, yes, you may be, but the hubby? not so much. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Right you are pal!! He doesn't do ANYTHING without thinking about it first. See you guys tomorrow night!

    ReplyDelete