Wednesday, August 17, 2011

When It Rains

It seems like there's been quite a series of unexpected issues around our house lately.  It all started when our my oven quit working.  I can say my oven because Nick doesn't use it unless he's putting tater tots in to bake.  I didn't really realize how much I use my oven until it took 1 1/2 hours to heat to 350.  It wasn't really going to be cost effective to fix a 15 year old stove (parental hand-me-downs...gotta love 'em) so off to Best Buy we went to get a new one...and it sure is pretty.  I don't know how I cooked without it.

The day before the stove got delivered, my husband had his wisdom teeth removed (which wasn't really unexpected since I scheduled the appointment) and started the process of giving up his Grizzly addiction (that's where the issue comes in--he's pretty unfriendly sans nicotine).  So he was off work 3 days last week recovering.

Today I woke up to him not being able to get out of bed with a back injury.  So on the third day of school, I called in so I could take him to the doctor.  Luckily my principals are very nice and were understanding about it.  I'm not thrilled with the doctor's diagnosis of a strain with a prescription and an order to stay home from work for another 3 days...not because I don't think he knows what he's talking about, but because the examination didn't seem very thorough, and I haven't seen my hubs in this much pain since he traveled to Cincinnati with a broken back to buy my engagement ring.  If it's not better soon, as in tomorrow, we'll be seeking another opinion.

So, say a little prayer for the Elgin household.  The Mr. is hurting and the Mrs. isn't used to having to be so nurturing.

No comments:

Post a Comment