Sunday, January 1, 2012

Time Flies

Wow, has it been a long time since I've posted anything. My life is so interesting I'm sure you've all been on pins and needles wondering what has happened (note the sarcasm).  Since I shared with you my fantastic pie-safe find, I can report that it's still sitting in the barn workshop belonging to my dad.  Slight progress has been made...enough for me to get a teaser of what it will look liked stained, and I'm REALLY anxious for it to be done now.

Nick and I hosted Thanksgiving for my Dad's side of the family on Thanksgiving, and then for Nick's immediate family 2 days later, which was a ton of work, but well worth it.  Then Nick's Mom had colon surgery the Monday after.  So I spent our 2nd wedding anniversary in the hospital keeping my father-in-law company.  She had some kidney complications, which led to a brief ICU stay, and she was home by the following Tuesday evening.  The problem was she took a ride home on the crazy train and was back in the hospital on Sunday morning after Nick and his brother put their feet down and took her back.  So after another week she was finally on the mend and is doing well now, but the first 3 weeks between Thanksgiving and Christmas are literally a blur of hospital trips and going back and forth to the farm to take care of the cattle.

We did manage to squeeze in a photo shoot for our holiday picture, after only rescheduling once....


Christmas break has been slightly less busy and much more enjoyable.  Now we're moving into calving time on the farm, which is my absolute favorite time on the farm.  One of our show girls has calved, and I'm totally in love with the little squirt already.  She's rotten and has a ton of personality...just my type of cow.  My other two pets managed to escape yesterday and were VERY proud of themselves.

And finally, I will be finished with my Masters work in 1 month.  I'm hoping I can fight through the senioritis long enough to get through this final class.  Wish me luck!!

Blessings to you all at the start of this new year!


No comments:

Post a Comment