Saturday, January 21, 2012

Random Thoughts of a Saturday Morning

It's Saturday, and it's icy outside.  Not so icy that it's debilitating but definitely icy enough that I sweet-talked my husband into going out and putting another ear of corn on the squirrel feeder rather than doing it myself.  The poor little squirrel was nosing around an empty feeder...I couldn't take it.  It's icy enough that I don't really feel the need to get out and go to the store until later this afternoon when it thaws.  And it's icy enough that since there are no cows in active labor we're not going to the farm today.  That leaves free time.  I don't even remember what it's like to have free time!!

I've gotten laundry going, and I'll vaccum as soon as I throw the tennis ball down the hallway as many times at it takes to wear Abby out so I can pick up her toys (yes, we are talking about the dog and yes she has that many toys).  I could do homework but with 2 weeks of class left I'm over my Masters program and don't feel the need to be a good student and manage my time well.  What a great example that is for my high school'ers. 

I was working on my grocery list and thinking of all the things that sounded good.  Most of those things involved fresh vegetables that I would usually go get at the local Farmer's Market on Saturday mornings, or from my Mom's garden, or even the orchard on the way to the nearest Meijer.  Then I thought of my poor little flowers that are so confused and starting to peek through the mulch at the front of the house.  It's still not time for them, but seeing them makes me wish it were.  Although if this weather southern Indiana is having this January tricks my Hyacinths then kills them, I'm going to be ticked.

Maybe they'll have pots of Hyacinths at Meijer to hold me over until spring....

No comments:

Post a Comment