Tuesday, July 6, 2010

A Brief Pause

It seems as though I've taken an unintentional break from blogging. It's been super busy around here. Two weeks ago I threw a backyard bash for my husband's 30th birthday. There was about 25 adults in our house and backyard, and pulling that off was kind of a lot of work, although it was loads of fun. It took about 2 days of solid work - shopping, cleaning, food prep, and gathering objects - to get things ready. I have a couple of projects I did that week that is on the list of things to blog about.

I found out right after the birthday bash that my sister is having a baby girl. We're very excited about having another niece. Nick has 2...this will be my first. Plans began immediately for the pink baby shower that I've been dreaming of since my sister first handed me her ultrasound photo across the dinner table at my parent's house. I'll remember that moment for the rest of my life when my sister nonchalantly handed me that photo right as we were sitting down to our family dinner. Needless to say there are projects in the works for this shower, but I'll have to wait until August to share those because the only thing my sister gets to know about this shower is the time and date and I'm pretty sure she reads this....


1 comment:

  1. Diaper cake!!!!!! You should make one of those for the shower- I did for Kelly's and it was a huge hit! They are semi-easy (if I can do it, you can do it!) and so fun!

    ReplyDelete